|Assessment length / details
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
Compare the current understanding of livestock health and welfare to its historic origins
Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of energy and nutrient metabolism in farm animals
- Livestock Health and Welfare
- Livestock Production
- Livestock Nutrition
• The current understanding of livestock health and welfare to its historic origins
• The strengths and weaknesses of commonly used methodologies used to assess health and welfare.
• The importance of health and welfare to the sustainability of future food production.
• The principles of energy and nutrient metabolism in farm animals
|Creative Problem Solving
|The MCQ exam will pose questions that present theoretical problems for the students to solve.
|Critical and analytical thinking
|Students will be expected to synthesise complex information
|Students will be required to examine and synthesize quantitative data from a range of publications and databases to develop answers for their MCQ exam
This module is at CQFW Level 7