|Assessment length / details
|Written tasks weekly/fortnightly written tasks
|Oral Examination 10 minute oral examination
|2 Hours Examination Written Exam
|2 Hours Examination written exam
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. You will be able to hold a conversation in Irish with confidence.
2. You will be able to follow simple lectures in Irish.
3. You will be able to participate in discussion through the medium of Irish.
4. You will have an extensive knowledge of grammar.
5. You will be able to distinguish features of the major dialect groupings.
6. You will have read several selections of contemporary prose and poetry.
7. You will be able to discuss the literary and social contexts of the selected texts.
8. You will be able to write short compositions in simple, correct Irish.
This course is aimed at those who wish to consolidate their existing knowledge of Irish, partly through the study of literary texts and partly through linguistic exercises.
This module is designed for non-beginners.
|Co-ordinating with others
|Students use the Irish language to communicate with others in class.
|Creative Problem Solving
|Students will apply vocabulary and grammar to new contexts, both written and spoken.
|Subject Specific Skills
|Students acquire new vocabulary and consolidate grammatical knowledge.
This module is at CQFW Level 4