- Professor Peter Lloyd (Professor - Southampton Solent University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminar||10 x 2 Hour Seminars|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment 1: Presentation 1 4 curators in progress, notebook and project 1. Presentation via PowerPoint or other medium in class||10%|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment 2: Portfolio 1 Project 1 and notebook||20%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Conduct research into 4 curators via library, internet, gallery archives, gallery visits, studio visits etc.
2. Reflect on, evaluate, constructively critique and so understand 4 curators in relation to their own practice (projects 1 & 2).
3. Systematically develop and present the 4 curators via a presentation alongside the project 1 and notebook and 1 essay utilizing a range of presentation methods e.g. images, media clips, artifacts, and academic sources).
4. Identify, pursue and document a viable creative enquiry through research, experimentation, and evaluation towards developing and concluding projects 1 & 2
5. Articulate the research process and creative development via a range of means (from traditional written work, to oral presentations, and installation/realisation)
6. Work towards a deadline and public event.
7. Complete 4 x project proposals and risk assessments for a public Arts Centre event
8. Learn how to curate an exhibition (project manage the event: managing the budget, publicity, marketing, docummentation and hosting the event.)
The third year module builds upon the professional practice aspects of the second year module, through a series of lectures, seminars and workshops the students will be introduced to examples and theories of curatorial practice and event management, so that they can work together as a team, under tutor supervision, to curate and coordinate the second and third year exhibition/event.
Semester 1 Week 1 Introduction to the module
Week 2 Lecture and seminar: Curatorial Practices
Week 3 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 4 Workshop: practical
Week 5 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 6 Reading Week
Week 7 Lecture and seminar: Curatorial Practices (Kim Knowles)
Week 8 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 9 Workshop: practical
Week 10 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 11 Assignment 1: Presentation: 4 curators, notebook and project 1
This module is at CQFW Level 6