|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Report Report on marketing strategies 1500 Words||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Report Report on marketing strategies 1500 Words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
Articulate and critically evaluate the practice of marketing management and its application in marketing today.
Analyse different aspects of marketing and understand management activities in relation to them
Demonstrate know ledge of the role management play s in marketing strategies and campaigns.
Therefore, the overall success of an organization is dependent on the relationship established between marketing management and strategy. This module develops an understanding of the manner in which the commercial focus of an organization is informed and directed by marketing management.
1. Articulate and critically evaluate the practice of marketing management and its application in marketing today.
2. Analyse different aspects of marketing and understand management activities in relation to them.
3. Demonstrate know ledge of the role management play s in marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Models of Marketing Management: The frameworks and models used in analysis by marketing managers. This w ill include portfolios, the product life cycle, customer and competitor analysis.
• Integrated Marketing programmes
• Dealing with competition and Core Competencies
• Marketing Performance: The measurement of marketing performance and marketing control at strategic and operational levels.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Creative Problem Solving||Students will gain problem solving skills as part of their coursework assessment and classroom/tutorial exercises.|
|Critical and analytical thinking||The coursework will need a certain amount of market research which the student will undertake, gaining key research skills|
|Digital capability||Students will be expected to make appropriate use of word processing and presentational software in their coursework. Also they should make use of blackboard and on-line research.|
|Professional communication||The presentation will give the student verbal as well as presentation communication skills whereas the coursework will give valuable business oriented communication skills|
|Subject Specific Skills||A deeper understanding and the ability to critically evaluate management activities in relation to marketing – which are a major part of business today.|
This module is at CQFW Level 6