|Assessment length / details
|Farm business management assignment.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse a set of financial statements
2. Describe the requirements when budgeting for a farm business.
3. Utilise different techniques to quantify the uncertainty, risk and resources required for a budget.
4. Construct fully detailed farm business budgets (including financial statements).
5. Prepare an investment plan, including appraisal and selection of appropriate finance
6. Identify informational requirements of financial institutions in lending assessments.
This module provides students with the necessary skills to analyse, budget and appraise a farm business. It also provides students with skills necessary to appraise capital investments.
Gross Margin and Enterprise analysis
Using budgeting tools in the decision making process
Construction of a budget plan that combines physical and financial assumptions to predict likely business success or failure
Risk and Uncertainty in the budget process
Appraisal of capital investment opportunities
|Application of Number
|Preparation of farm budgets Analysis of farm budgets
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|The Farm Business Management assignment allows students to develop their own ideas on the future direction of case study farm. This will be based on own collection of data and own analysis.
|Case study submission is word processed. Extensive use of spreadsheets for budget construction Extensive data analysis using spreadsheets
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Case study is based on a real life scenario which a student could be expected to encounter
|The Farm Business Management assignment requires the selection and analysis of appropriate information, within a specified timescale, to allow for the development of a budget. Students will select , determine the uncertainty and risk, and vary quantifiable information to determine the optimal solution to a given problem The volume of information encountered will not see the assignment submitted within set deadlines if self management is not practised.
|Subject Specific Skills
|Farm visits are a group activity
This module is at CQFW Level 5