|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||12 x 1 Hour Lectures|
|Workshop||2 x 1 Hour Workshops|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Report on business analysis of web needs (1500 words)||10%|
|Semester Assessment||Design report on web structure and database needs (1500 words)||10%|
|Semester Assessment||User interface designs and evaluation of others' designs||10%|
|Semester Assessment||Web site||30%|
|Semester Assessment||Final report (10,000-15,000 words)||40%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of failed/non-submitted coursework components or ones of equivalent value.||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse the web needs of an enterprise, and produce a plan for an appropriate web site.
2. Build a professional looking website appropriate for the organisation, under the direction of supervisors but demonstrating self-discipline, organisation and initiative.
3. Demonstrate an ablity to independently apply the key achievements of their degree studies.
4. Produce a critical appraisal of their work, evaluating all aspects of their approach.
Students will perform and document the analysis, design, prototyping and development needed to produce a web site approprate for a professional enterprise.
- Produce an analysis of the web needs of the enterprise.
- Provide a breakdown of the planned structure of the site.
- Perform an analysis of the data structures needed by the site (it should be complex enough to need to be database-backed).
- Produce several non-functional prototypes of the web-site and both assess their suitability against web guidelines and perform user evaluation of the prototypes.
- Implement the chosen version of the web site.
- Perform a useability evaluation with a number of users on the final system.
The design and development work will be supported by weekly workshops that stress the topics that have already been covered in the course (such as User Interface Design, Security, Web Tools, Database Design, and System Testing) that support the work being done at that stage of the project, and make clear the nature of the expected deliverables.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Inherent to the subject.|
|Communication||This module will be beneficial to students' written and oral communication skills through dissertation and demonstration.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||The students are asked to reflect on their learning and performance.|
|Information Technology||Inherent to the subject.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||This module should help the students understand the potential of thier specific degree for providing employment, and provide them with significant material for their portfolios.|
|Problem solving||Inherent in the implementation of computing systems.|
|Research skills||Minor amount of research in looking at relevant web site designs.|
|Subject Specific Skills||Web site design and construction.|
This module is at CQFW Level 6