|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT OF 6,000 WORDS||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT OF 6,000 WORDS TO BE RESUBMITTED, IF FAILED||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to work and research independently and seek advice as required;
2. Identify and prioritise source materials needed for a clear and proper understanding of the subject;
3. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the factors which currently shape the chosen area of law;
4. Evidence a sound analytical and critical appreciation of the practices within the area in question;
5. Demonstrate a wide awareness of issues at the forefront of the relevant area of law and the ability to critically evaluate those issues in various contexts.
In consultation with a member of academic staff, the student will choose a topic worthy of research in the chosen specialism and produce a dissertation, of up to 6,000 words on the topic, by the essay deadline for that semester.
Throughout the module, students develop their skills of independent research, analysis, presentation and writing (including data collection and retrieval, IT and time management). All learning will be relevant to a career in any legal profession.
This module is at CQFW Level 7