|Assessment length / details
|Continuous Assessment: Regular tests and translations.
|3 Hours Written exam plus oral (10%)
|3 Hours 1 x 3-hour written examination (unless ONLY the oral component is failed, in which case the suplementary exam will be an oral examination).
By the end of the module, if you have made satisfactory progress, you will be able to:
- demonstrate your interest in and understanding of the Spanish language as a subject of study
- display proficiency in the essential framework of Spanish grammar and syntax
- translate selected passages from and into Spanish
- use a range of linguistic structures, particularly those in more frequent general usage
- communicate in written Spanish at an appropriate standard
- produce summaries of material written in Spanish
- give your own insights into aspects of Spanish society
- use a good range of Spanish vocabulary
- respond with understanding to spoken Spanish
- make both supervised and independent use of the facilities available in the department: video, language laboratory, satellite television
Language modules have, as an integral part of their structure, regular homework assignments and class tests as well as end of year examinations. All assessment is designed to measure your progress against learning outcomes at the appropriate level.
An intensive introduction to the Spanish language.
This module is at CQFW Level 5