|Assessment length / details
|Assignment 1 A digital proposal form including a completed project and a presentation of the digital proposal form. A weekly updated notebook and a presentation of the weekly updated notebook.
|Assignment 1 A digital proposal form including a completed project and a presentation of the digital proposal form accompanied by an audio recording. A weekly updated notebook and a presentation of the weekly updated notebook accompanied by an audio recording.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
Understand how to respond imaginatively to a given theme, concept, or topic
Understand how to initiate and sustain an independent creative project
Identify appropriate technical skills to enrich an independent creative project
Understand how to critique and evaluate an independent project in relation to ideas and practices relevant to the contemporary art world
Understand how to propose, pitch and stage a public exhibition of an independent creative project
This innovative and unique interdisciplinary art practice module is designed to give students the space, time and support to develop a self- directed project which will draw on their unique skills, expertise and experiences across media and disciplines gained from their chosen module options from within the Creative Arts course. The module teaches and supports the student to engage with the step by step creative process; experimentation, research and reflection which is essential to creative practice in any discipline. The student is encouraged to focus their projects on a given contemporary theme/topic/concept. The students are required to plan, propose and stage their project to completion in the Project Room or a site of their choice.
2. Introduce an understanding of how to maintain and manage the development of an independent project alongside artists practice and theoretical research and weekly online notebook posts
3. Introduce an understanding of how to document a project i.e. the step by step, week by week process and the final outcome via weekly online notebook posts
4. Introduce an understanding of how to complete and stage or install a completed independent project in the Project Room or a site of their choice
5. Introduce an understanding of how to propose the completed project for an imaginary exhibition, film programme, publication or event and actual venue via a digital proposal form and presentation to the class
6. Introduce an understanding of how to present and articulate the completed project and the online notebook via a Powerpoint presentation
7. Introduce an understanding of how to conceive, develop, propose and pitch a student led group workshop via a Powerpoint presentation to the class
8. Introduce an understanding of how to conduct and present research in relation to the selected student led workshop via a Powerpoint presentation to the class
9. Introduce an opportunity to lead a student led group workshop
Week 2 Lecture/seminar part 1
Week 3 Lecture/seminar part 2
Week 4 Workshop 1, individual tutorials and self - directed study/studio
Week 5 Workshop 2 individual tutorials and self - directed study/studio
Week 6 Reading Week
Week 7 Workshop 3 individual tutorials and self - directed study/studio
Week 8 Workshop 4 individual tutorials and self - directed study/studio
Week 9 Workshop 5 individual tutorials and self - directed study/studio
Week 10 Assignment 1 – Project presentation to the class
Week 11 Assignment 1 – Proposal presentation to the class
|Application of Number
|Where appropriate students will engage with number in relation to developing their projects, their presentations, their research and their exhibition.
|This module encourages and includes weekly group communication in workshops, presentations and project group meetings. It encourages and includes individual communication through individual presentations and individual tutorials. It encourages and includes team work through student led workshops
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|Ongoing throughout the module through the development of 6 independent self – directed, process – based, step by step interdisciplinary practice, maintaining an online notebook writing proposals, presenting proposals, preparing powerpoint presentations, presenting powerpoint presentations, proposing student led workshops, leading student led workshops, managing individual tutorials, writing a written review
|Practically in relation to completing powerpoint presentations, the digital proposal and Assessments 1& 2 Powerpoint presentations including video, audio and internet technology.
|Personal Development and Career planning
|This will take place continually throughout the suite of 6 modules, taught through lectures/ seminars, workshops, presentations and individual tutorials.
|Creative approaches to problem solving include identifying personal/professional/creative strengths and weaknesses, workshop designing, workshop management, project management, tailoring self-evaluation to a given specification and staging and installing a completed project
|In preparation for the presentations in the workshop series 1 - 5 and for assignments 1 & 2 digital media will be used.
|Subject Specific Skills
|Students will gain specific knowledge of their practice and the context for their practice
|In group workshops and when engaging critically with student presentations, providing informal oral and written feedback
This module is at CQFW Level 4