|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
On completion of the module students will possess:
- either a viable, embryonic subject matter with potential for further development, or a subject matter which has been explored, assessed, but proven incapable of maturation in the context of the student's interests and experience a broader technical vocabulary
- experience of various strategies of development and a set of critical and evaluative tools relevant to your modus operandi.
- a consciousness of the wider context of art practice baring upon their work
- a capacity for self-directed study in readiness for Level 3
Based on projects and individual tutorials, this module is intended for second year students who have already chosen painting as one of their main options. There is a concentration on the analysis of appropriate subject matter together with analytical drawing and painting from observation. Emphasis is also given to the observation of visual material, recording and for making paintings in the studio.
- bridge the prescriptive mode of teaching of Level 1 and the self-directed mode of study characteristic of Level 3
- initiate a consideration of subject matter and content in relation to the personality of the student
- further technical knowledge and competence relevant to the students intentions
- encourage experimentation and risk-taking in the setting of problems and use of the medium
- develop the students ability to articulate and discuss the above in a reasoned, critical or thought-provoking manner
- promote independent or self-directed study
- encourage students to contextualise their work in relation to past and present art and ideas
|Skills Type||Skills details|
This module is at CQFW Level 5