|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Project and report||100%|
After completing this module you should be able to:
- define the word 'system' and discuss system theory;
- identify organisational management information needs and the characteristics of decision-making activity in an environment of 'information use';
- outline the design and use of systems which support management decision-making within organisations of all sorts;
- analyse the function of management information systems within the context of your organisation;
- demonstrate skills in the construction of management reports through the production of information from operational data;
- apply criteria for implementing a management information system and for evaluating it against service objectives.
The module aims to encourage an understanding of information as a resource in organisational decision making and of the systems developed to use information in decision support and has been written for students from a variety of 'information' backgrounds.
This module is at CQFW Level 7