Dr Ffion Llewelyn
LLB (Hons); LLM (Research Training); PGCTHE; PhD
Ffion graduated with first class honours from Aberystwyth University in 2009. Having gained a scholarship from the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, she remained in higher education to study for an LLM in Research Training and a PhD in the field of criminal law. Ffion gained teaching experience as a postgraduate tutor from 2010 and commenced her appointment as a Welsh medium Lecturer in Law in 2013.
Ffion is one of the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol's Welsh medium Lecturers in Law. She is currently the Director of Student Experience for Law and Criminology.
- GF11410 - Cyfraith Troseddol: Materion Dadleuol
- GF13110 - Sgiliau Cyfreithiol
- GF13410 - Y Gyfundrefn Gyfreithiol
- GF13920 - Cyfraith Troseddol
- GF31410 - Cyfraith Troseddol: Materion Dadleuol
- GF33110 - Sgiliau Cyfreithiol
- GF33410 - Y Gyfundrefn Gyfreithiol
- GF33920 - Cyfraith Troseddol
- TR12220 - Cyfraith Troseddau ar gyfer Troseddegwyr
- TR30220 - Trosedd yn y Gymru Gyfoes
Ffion's doctoral research examines the relationship between the criminal law defence of self-defence and offences involving the use and possession of offensive weapons. The thesis considers the incidence of weapons carrying within the UK context; the impact of media representations; the relevance of emotions; and also examines the importance of location to cases of self-defence.