Below is a list of events organised on behalf of, or of interest to, Aber alumni.
Aberystwyth University OSA Reunion, 18th-20th August 2017
Aberystwyth University Old Students’ Association Reunion is an annual event celebrated here in Aber, and open to all former Aber graduates.
Friday 18th August
- From 2pm Registration in the Old College, Aberystwyth
- 3pm ‘Guest Lecture’ by Mr Doug Jones, U3A: "Goronwy Rees, betrayer of hopes and country?" at the Seddon Room, Old College, Aberystwyth.
- Welcome Reception, 7pm until 8pm, a warm welcome awaits all alumni for a drinks reception in the Quad, Old College, Aberystwyth.
Saturday 19th August
- Annual General Meeting of the OSA will be held in the Seddon Room, Old College at 10.30am. All members welcome to attend.
- Talk and Guided Tour (11.30am - 1pm): 'The Stones of the Old College Aberystwyth' by Dr Tim Palmer - Honorary Research Associate, Department of Geography and Earth Sciences, Aberystwyth University (Discover more about the Architectural Geology inside and outside the Grade 1 Victorian Gothic building, including a tour of the building to follow)
- Aberystwyth University Donors Recpetion (2pm - 4pm): (to which all current donors and supporters will be invited)
- 'Walk through geological time along the Prom' (4pm - 5pm): Bill Perkins
- Self-guided tour from an "OSA 125" map of key sites around the Prom and town
- OSA Annual Dinner at Medrus on Penglais Campus - a pre-dinner drinks reception at 7.00pm followed by dinner at 7.30.
Royal Welsh Show Reception, 25th July 2017
The Old Students’ Association (OSA) and Aberystwyth University invite you to join us at the Education Pavilion for a fascinating talk by Tom Jones OBE, followed by light refreshments.
“The future for villages and small towns” - Tom Jones, OBE
2.00pm - 4.00pm*
Tuesday 25th July
Aberystwyth University Education Pavilion
Next door to S4C above the Main Ring (Stand G469)
Vice-Chancellor Elizabeth Treasure will open the reception with a reflection on her first three months at Aber, and outline plans for the future.
Tom Jones OBE is a trustee of the Community Foundation in Wales, member of the Welsh Government’s European Transition Advisory Group and a UK member of the European Economic and Social Committee.. He is also Vice-President of Wales Council for Voluntary Action, a working farmer and a fellow of the Royal Agricultural Societies. In the past he was President of the Wales Young Farmers Movement, non-executive Commissioner for the Legal Services Commission (now the Legal Aid Agency), Chair of the Millennium Stadium Charitable Trust, a member of the National Lottery Charities Board and Chair of its Welsh Committee.
Our reception will be one of a series of events to mark and celebrate the 125th Anniversary of the Old Students' Association.
We would love to see you there but places are limited, so please let us know by 21st July if you would like to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Invitation to this event does not include an entry ticket to the show.
National Eisteddfod Alumni Reception, 9th August 2017
Aberystwyth University and the Old Students’ Association invite you to our annual alumni reunion on the University’s stand at the National Eisteddfod of Wales, Anglesey 2017.
2pm - 4pm
Wednesday 9th August
Aberystwyth University stand
Refreshments will be provided.
We look forward to having your company
Development & Alumni Relations team (email@example.com)
Development & Alumni Relations Office, Aberystwyth University, Cledwyn Building, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DD
Tel: +44 (0) 1970 621568 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org