The university has obligations under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 to take active steps to identify, record and manage any asbestos that is or may be present. This process is the responsibility of the AU Estates Development Department, to whom any enquiries concerning AU Asbestos Policy should be directed.
The HS&E Department are available to provide toolbox talks on asbestos awareness if required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Managing and working with asbestos Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Managing Asbestos in Buildings: A Brief Guide (Health and Safety Executive)
- Asbestos Essentials (Health and Safety Executive)
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (new controls from April 2012, HSE site)
- HSE Asbestos Health and Safety Information
- L143 Work with Materials Containing Asbestos: Control of Asbestos Regulations (.pdf)
- L127 The Management of Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises: Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (.pdf)
- Asbestos: Employees Guide (.pdf)
- Inspection Pack for Duty to Manage Asbestos in Premises (.pdf)
Health, Safety & Environment Team, Aberystwyth University, Estates Department, Penglais Road, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DU United Kingdom
Tel: 622169 / 622073 Email: email@example.com