Information Services (IS) activities for new students
During the Big Welcome and Orientation Week we provide a range of activities to welcome new students and introduce our services so you can make the best use of them during your time here.
We offer library tours throughout the year. Please contact our Subject Librarians to organise.
Collecting your Aber Card
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students living in Halls of Residence will receive their Aber Card when checking in to their accommodation.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students in private accommodation can collect their Aber Card from the Hugh Owen Library during our opening hours.
Help with accessing and using our services
Our staff are available to help you:
- in person at the enquiry desk in the Hugh Owen Library
- over the phone by calling 01970 622 400
- by emailing email@example.com
- using the online chat link on our webpages
- via Microsoft Teams
See our contact us page for full details and hours of availability
Intro to Library and IT services
Welcome to your online Library and IT guide! For new students, this guide provides an important introduction to Library and IT services at Aberystwyth University. Please take a look now at https://libguides.aber.ac.uk/induction and then have a go at the short quiz at the end.
Subject librarians are offering Library and IT inductions as part of your department's Orientation Week programme - we look forward to meeting you then.