Supporting your Teaching
This advice and information has been produced by the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit to support staff and students during the coronavirus outbreak
Please see our Supporting your Teaching FAQ Hub.
Students, please see supporting your learning for further information.
- Blackboard Required Minimum Presence: Covid-19 update
- Content Organisation in Blackboard
- Teaching Tips (PDF)
- Teaching Tips (Word)
- Teaching Online? How to make Blackboard Activities more interactive with Adaptive Release
- Blackboard Tests: Creating Online Assessment Activities for your students
- Tips for Discussion Board Engagement
- Monitoring Student Engagement while teaching online
- Engaging students with asynchronous online tasks: Self-Determination Theory (SDT) Perspective
- Alternative activities to in-person teaching
- Helping Students to Make Most of Recorded Lectures – Using Discussion and Notes in Panopto
- Using Podcasts for Teaching
- Using Third Party Software for Learning and Teaching Activities
- Teaching Room Guide 2020-21
Using MS Teams
- How do I set up a Teams Meeting in Blackboard? (Staff)
- NEW Recurring MS Teams Meeting Feature in Blackboard
- NEW feature – Breakout Rooms in MS Teams
- Tips for monitoring chat for online and in person sessions
- Taking part in lectures, seminars or tutorials via Teams (students)
- How can I check for understanding whilst teaching online?
- Tips for teaching with Breakout Rooms
- Can I use Zoom at Aberystwyth University?
- Guidance on recording seminars and Teams activities
- Safeguarding and Remote Delivery
- Netiquette - communicating your expectations for online participation