Members of staff at Aberystwyth University can add video content to the University streaming server so that they can be made available for educational uses e.g. via Aberlearn Blackboard. (How do I do that?)
Sources of such films might include:
- short "how to" recordings to support learning.
- recordings of lectures and other events at Aberystwyth University.
- ERA-licensed off-air recordings (Staff can request for programmes to be recorded - How do I do that?).
- copyright-cleared online collections e.g. Film & Sound Online.
Staff can edit digital media on their own (or office) computer, public workstations on campus which have Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Producer installed, or in the Academi Aber Academy Media lab (http://nexus.aber.ac.uk/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Aber+Academy).
Please understand that copyright enforcement in this area is very strong and that any videos made available on the web must have full copyright clearance.
As a general guide:
- Pre-recorded videos or DVDs cannot be streamed without written clearance from the copyright holder or holders
- Home produced videos may also have copyright issues; for example if they contain images, video/audio clips or background music.
Further details can be found on the Aberystwyth University Information Compliance web pages