Wireless access for visitors to Aberystwyth University
Visitors wishing to make use of the Aberystwyth University wireless service must ensure their computer:
- has the latest service pack and updates installed for their operating system
- has up-to-date anti-virus software
- is free from viruses and spyware
before coming to campus.
Wireless access for visitors from other academic institutions
- Aberystwyth University participates in the Janet Roaming Service.
- This means that visitors from other participating academic institutions can connect to their own institutions network via Aberystwyth University's eduroam wireless network while visiting our campus. You can check whether your institution participates in this service on the JANET Roaming Service website
- You should make arrangements to use this service with your home institution BEFORE coming to Aberystwyth University.
Wireless access for visitors, conference and event attendees
- Aberystwyth University subscribes to The Cloud wireless service.
- Any visitor to campus who is not able to use eduroam can connect to Wifi Guest (How do I do that?)
- Once logged in you can access the internet.
- You can find help with using this service on The Cloud's FAQ pages
- This service is available throughout all University teaching and administrative buildings, but not in halls of residence during term time