The Physical Sciences Library is situated on the 4th Floor of the Physical Sciences Building on Penglais Campus [location]. This Library houses materials for the study of mathematics, physics and computer science.
- Please use the self-return machine to return books
- The enquiry desk is staffed 8.30am to 12 noon Monday to Friday.
- Outside of these hours help and support is available by:
- using the Chat Now link on this page
- emailing email@example.com
- Please respect the needs of other Library users and keep noise and disruption to a minimum.
- All library users are reminded of the need to have their Aber card to access the library and to ensure that they keep their Aber Card with them when they exit.
Our opening hours are available here
This Library houses materials for the study of mathematics, physics and computer science, including the following special collection:
Information on borrowing from the library's collections can be found on this page
To protect yourself and others we ask that:
- You sanitise your hands on entering, and regularly while using, the library.
- You wipe work surfaces, keyboards, mice, printers etc before and after use.
- You only sit at designated workspaces
- You observe the 2 metre social distancing rule or work in groups of 6 or less (group study rooms only)
- You use your own Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library.
- You wear a face coverings at all times, unless exempt.
- You do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
We will ensure
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time are strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library are following recommended hygiene practises.
- Regular cleaning is carried out.
- There are hand sanitising stations at the entrance and throughout the building.
Physical Sciences Library Accessibility
- A ramp is available from the main entrance on the south of the building.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located on the ground floor of this building.
- The Physical Sciences library is located on the 4th floor, where access can be gained via the lift. A lift is available from the vestibule of the library to provide access to the main body of the library.
- A hearing induction loop is available at the Enquiry Desk
- Magnifiers and coloured overlays are available to borrow from the enquiry desk
- We can arrange to fetch and deliver reading or other materials within the Library, ready for collection or personal study.
- Please contact Student Support Services and Health, Safety and Environment Office to arrange a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) for the Library if relevant.
If you would like a guided tour of the facilities, or to discuss any specific requirements you have, please contact us.