Study and computer spaces in the Physical Sciences Library
The Physical Sciences Library is closed over the summer. It will reopen on 27th September for silent, individual study and for use of the printer
You can book:
- A computer desk (4)
- A study space on the main floor (15 spaces)
- A study space on the mezzanine (13 spaces)
- To use the printer
- The Physical Sciences Library is situated on the 4th Floor of the Physical Sciences Building on Penglais Campus [location].
- Access to the Physical Sciences Library is strictly via the booking system.
- You will need to bring your Aber Card with you to use the study spaces.
Booking and safety
- Spaces can be booked up to 1 week in advance
- You can book either a study space with a computer or a study desk
- You can only book one space per slot
- You will need your Aber Card to access the room
- Users should only visit the library during their booked time slot. Please do not turn up for your study space booking slot before your start time as people will be exiting the building before this time
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the rooms. There will be a hand sanitising station at the entrance
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Users should not use spaces that have been marked as unavailable
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings
- The numbers of users in the rooms at any one time is strictly limited
- Staff and visitors to the space will be following recommended hygiene practises
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
- A ramp is available from the main entrance on the south of the building.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located on the ground floor of this building.
- The Physical Sciences library is located on the 4th floor, where access can be gained via the lift. A lift is available from the vestibule of the library to provide access to the main body of the library.
- A hearing induction loop is available at the Enquiry Desk
- Magnifiers and coloured overlays are available to borrow from the enquiry desk
- We can arrange to fetch and deliver reading or other materials within the Library, ready for collection or personal study.
- Please contact Student Support Services and Health, Safety and Environment Office to arrange a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) for the Library if relevant.
If you would like a guided tour of the facilities, or to discuss any specific requirements you have, please contact us.