It is essential that you ensure your computer is free from virus attacks, hacking or misuse by a third party.
Computers connected to the University network that are infected with a virus or compromised in any way are automatically disconnected.
- keep Microsoft Windows up to date with the latest Service packs and Security patches (How do I do that?)
- install Anti-Virus protection. (How do I do that?)
- log on to your computer with a user name and password
- set your computer to lock when left unattended (How do I do that?)
- make sure your folders cannot be accessed by others (How do I do that?)
- back up your files (How do I do that?)
- ensure that you comply with the JANET Acceptable use policy (Where can I find that?)
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org