Volunteer with Aber
What is e-Mentoring?
Aberystwyth eMentoring is funded by the Aber Fund and is an online platform for Aber alumni to offer career mentoring and guidance to current students and young graduates.
Students are paired with alumni mentors who have the experience and knowledge of an industry/profession that will suit the student’s career ambitions.
How much time is involved to volunteer as an e-Mentor?
This could be anything from a one-off email to longer interactions as students and early career graduates plan and navigate their career options. Mentors can offer:
- advice via email
- feedback on CVs and application forms
- valuable insight into a specific career
- insight into a mentor’s place of work
- opportunities for work shadowing/experience
How does it work?
- Register to use the Aberystwyth eMentoring online platform
- Create a short profile of yourself, including your field of expertise and career experience
- Search for mentees who need support that you can help with
- Connect with a mentee using Aberystwyth eMentoring
- See Our Guide for further details.
You can register to offer or receive mentoring here.