The Department of History and Welsh History invite you to their University Taster Day on Monday 9th July 2018.
You will be able to find out more about studying History with us, and about History more generally. Highlights include the opportunity to
- Take part in a primary source based workshop
- Get a taste of how we study History at Aberystwyth University
- Talk with current students and see the town.
- Experience university life.
- Boost your Curriculum Vitae
- Read the finer details and FAQs.
- Register for our 10th July 2018 Open Day
- Register for our Taster Day here
The finer details
- The Taster Day kicks off at 12.45. After a brief introduction you will receive a buffet lunch.
- During the Taster Day we’ll visit locations in and around Aberystwyth. There will be staff-led projects and student activities throughout the afternoon which, in addition to subsequent discussions, will provide greater insight into studying History at university.
- Our lecturers will ensure that you arrive back on Penglais Campus at around 18.00 to freshen up for the evening buffet, provided by the Institute of Geography, History, Politics and Psychology.
We will be out for a significant period of time during the afternoon. Whilst the weather is usually settled and warm, we know what British summers can be like... So, we’ve listed both essential and suggested items for you:
- Sturdy and comfortable footwear.
- Showerproof jacket.
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sun cream).
- Snacks and plenty of fluid for the afternoon.
- A camera.
- A small notepad and pencil.
Also, while everything is provided for you, consider bringing a small amount of cash should you want to buy an ice cream on the prom!