The University has hygiene and safety as a priority. We use HACCP to check all procedures are working correctly, from auditing our suppliers, regular hygiene checks of the kitchen and constant policing by our own Environmental Health consultant, and staff training.
At Aberystwyth University we provide allergen information for both prepacked and non-prepacked food and drinks. We handle and manage food allergens and intolerances effectively in all food preparations.
- A daily written allergen information sheet is available
- You can also speak to a member of staff
- Approach the chef or any other member of staff on duty to ask about the product in question.
- An allergy and intolerance sheet is also on display.
This is to ensure all information is accurate and consistent.
14 listed allergens
- Gluten (Such as barley and Oats)
- Crustaceans (Prawns, Crab, Lobster)
- Molluscs (Mussels and Oyster)
- Tree Nuts (Such as Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts)
If you are allergic to ingredients not included in the 14 allergens listed above, please ask and inform us about your specific food allergens.
Please be ensured all efforts will be made to accommodate your requirements. We appreciate some customers are sensitive about their allergen, please feel assured that all information is handled discreetly.
Please be aware that traces of the 14 allergens may be present in other ingredients due to the kitchen environment
Aberystwyth University complies to rules set by the food standard agency. www.food.gov.uk