Mr Alan Cole
BSc. (Hons) Geology (1997)
Alan joined Sport & Exercise Science as a laboratory technician in 2014. Previously an undergraduate and postgraduate student of IGES, Alan stayed in Aberystwyth where he ran his own business as a website developer (http://www.pixelwave.co.uk). He has also worked for the university in the Academic Office, as website editor and Membership Secretary for Brynamlwg and on the Designing Libraries project within Information Services. He is currently also working temporarily as a technician for the VetHub1 Project.
Blackboard Dept Admin
Applied & Integrated Studies (SS35320) - Web Design Practicals. An introduction to HTML, CSS and Web Publishing.
- Laboratory ordering and stock control.
- Procurement, maintenance, calibration and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment.
- Assistance with research, and setting up laboratory practicals.
- Dissertations: Supplements, Labwork, Paperwork, Equipment Training, H&S
- Health & Safety.
- Management of the Sports & Exercise Science website.
- WARU website management
- IT procurement and trouble-shooting
- First Aider for the building.
- Human Health & Performance Labs Management
- Client Liaison
- Building maintenance / management
- PAT testing
- IBERS website editing & maintenance
- WARU website editing & maintenance