Mr Alan Cole
BSc. (Hons) Geology (1997)
Alan works on the Biomass Connect project within IBERS as the Digital Content Manager. He worked in Sport & Exercise Science as a laboratory technician in between 2014 and 2022. Previously he was an Geology undergraduate and postgraduate student of IGES where he gained a 1st Class Hons Degree. Alan stayed in Aberystwyth following his studies where he ran his own business as a website developer (http://www.pixelwave.co.uk). He has also worked for the university in the Academic Office, as the website editor and Membership Secretary for Brynamlwg and as the database manager on the Designing Libraries project within Information Services. In addition to his work as a Digital Content Manager for Biomass Connect he also manages various aspects of the IBERS website and some aspects of DLS creative media.
Applied & Integrated Studies (SS35320) - Web Design Practicals. An introduction to HTML, CSS and Web Publishing.
- Laboratory ordering and stock control.
- Procurement, maintenance, calibration and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment.
- Assistance with research, and setting up laboratory practicals.
- Dissertations: Supplements, Labwork, Paperwork, Equipment Training, H&S
- Health & Safety.
- Management of the Sports & Exercise Science website.
- WARU website management
- IT procurement and trouble-shooting
- First Aider for the building.
- Human Health & Performance Labs Management
- Client Liaison
- Building maintenance / management
- PAT testing
- IBERS website editing & maintenance
- WARU website editing & maintenance