Mrs Caron Jones
Caron Jones joined the University in 2011 and has worked as a Personal Assistant (PA) to Professor Iain Donnison, formerly Theme Leader of the Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Theme in the Institute of Biological, Rural and Environmental Sciences (IBERS) Department.
Since 2018, Caron has been a Faculty Officer in the Faculty of Earth & Life Sciences based on Gogerddan Campus and primarily supports IBERS.
Her role involves:
- Providing support to Professor Iain Donnison (Head of IBERS) and IBERS Gogerddan Campus staff with Administration and Research Grant support
- HR - processes of staff employment cycle from vacancy to appointment, variations to contract, timesheets and overtime approvals
- Finance – processing of all financial claims, purchase orders and invoices
- Diary management for IBERS Executive
- Organisation of meetings
- Co-ordination of high-level visits to Gogerddan Campus
- Support academic staff with research grant management and administration