Due to COVID-19, information on library services and facilities may change. For the latest information , please go to https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/news/libservicesmar2020/
Information Services provide IT and library services to registered users at Aberystwyth University, subject to Information Services Regulations and Guidelines.
We welcome visitors to the Universities libraries.
Visitors under-16s must be supervised by a parent, guardian or school teacher.
As study space is limited, during busy periods, access to the libraries may be restricted to Aber Card holders only so please contact us before you visit.
Visits from individuals
We provide the following access to facilities:
- All visitors may consult our collections on a reference only basis within the library
Limited borrowing is available if you are eligible for one of the following schemes:
- Some of the University's electronic resource subscriptions do allow access to members of the public for use within the library.
- A Walk in Access to Electronic Resources Terminal is available in the Hugh Owen Library to facilitate this. Please ask at the enquiry desk.
- Visitors from other participating organisations can connect their devices to the eduroam wireless network
- For visitors who do not have access to eduroam, our Wifi Guest network is available
Printing, photocopying and scanning
- A visitor printing card can be purchased from the enquiry desk.
- The cost of the card is £1 and credit will also need to be purchased if you wish to print or photocopy. Scanning is free.
- To Scan or Print you will need to register your own email address for use with the card.
- You will be able to email your prints to the printer
- You will be able to scan documents to your email address
- All scanning or photcopying must comply with copyright restrictions which are displayed by every printer.
Visits from School groups
- We can arrange school visits to our libraries for study purposes.
- To ensure the best experience we ask that you make arrangements well in advance of your visit and schedule your visit during University vacations.
- Groups must be accompanied by leaders or teachers who must consult Aberystwyth University’s Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons Policy and be prepared to show evidence of their organisation’s safeguarding policy before arrival.
- Please also see Aberystwyth University’s Conference Office information on School & Educational Visits
- Please contact email@example.com to arrange your visit
Information on parking for visitors to the University can be found here: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/parking/visitor/