SCONUL Access Scheme
SCONUL Access is a reciprocal scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Aberystwyth University is a member of the SCONUL Access Scheme and welcomes access applications from the following categories of user from other participating organisations
- staff (both academic and support staff) on an open or fixed term contract
- postgraduate research students registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- part-time, distance learning and placement students
- full-time postgraduates
- full-time undergraduate students (reference use of Aberystwyth University libraries only)
To apply for SCONUL access to Aberystwyth University Library you should first complete the SCONUL Access Application Form
When your application has been processed by your home institution library and you have received the confirmation email you can then apply for SCONUL Reader account at Aberystwyth University using this form. Information on the services available to SCONUL Readers at Aberystwyth University can be found on our welcome page for SCONUL Readers
Please complete this form in advance of your vist.
You will need to upload the following with this form:
- Your Home Institution Library Card
- Your confirmation e-mail from SCONUL