Prof Gennady Mishuris
MSc, PhD (Leningrad), DSc (Cracow)
Professor of Mathematical Modelling
Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award Holder
- Email: email@example.com
- ORCID: 0000-0003-2565-1961
- Office: 4.06, Physical Sciences Building
- Phone: +44 (0) 1970 622753
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=1PR3LC4AAAAJ
- Research Portal Profile
Gennady Mishuris is Professor of Mathematical Modelling at the Institute of Mathematics and Physics of Aberystwyth University. This position has been established by the Wales Institute for Mathematical and Computational Sciences in 2007. He works in the area of Applied Mathematics and Computational Modelling.
- Singular integral equations, functional equations of the Wiener-Hopf type.
- Mathematical modelling of problems of solid mechanics: singular fields, composites with imperfect interfaces, waves in complex structures.
- Biomechanics: contact problems, soft tissue testing of soft tissues.
- Mathematical and numerical modelling of hydraulic fracture.
- Mathematical modelling in rheology: plastic and visco-plastic materials.
- Engineering applications: crack propagation, metal forming, material testing.
Awards and Research Fellowships
- Ser Cymru Future Generations Industrial Fellowship, Wales, 2020
- Wolfson Research Merit Award by the Royal Society, UK, 2017
- Marie Curie Fellowship, University of Liverpool, UK, 2005
- Liverhulme Trust Visiting Research Fellowship, LSBU, UK, 2004
- Prize of Polish Ministry of Education for Scientific Research, Poland, 2000
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Erlangen-Nuremberg University, Germany, 1999
- Research Fellowship, Warsaw University, Poland, 1991