Research, Business & Innovation
The Department of Research, Business & Innovation (RB&I) primarily supports research active staff.
We have three key roles:
- Generating research & enterprise income.
- Managing the relationships with funders and business partners.
- Managing the legislative requirements associated with research and enterprise activity.
We have five functions that contribute towards about £80M of active research and enterprise grants with an annual income of around £21M:
- Research Development & Support (including Research Ethics)
- Business Development and Technology Transfer (Enterprise)
- Contracts and Policies
- Large RB&I Project Quality Assurance Management (KESS & the Aber-Bangor Strategic Alliance initiatives)
- REF and Research Monitoring (Open Access to Publishing and Research Data Management)
We also work closely with the co-located Research Grants function that are part of the Finance Office.
The RB&I enquiry service provides a gateway for external organisations to access the wealth of Knowledge Exchange opportunities here at Aberystwyth. Our Business Development team are on hand to discuss your requirements, identify the portfolio of services best placed to meet your business needs and support your engagement with the University.
For researchers and other colleagues we provide a wide range of services, from supporting funding applications & costing projects, to engaging with external partners & commercialising innovations. Summary of the six key themes and their responsibilities is provided to the right. A core value underpinning our services is to continually reduce the research and enterprise administrative burden on academic colleagues, through streamlining processes and support structures.
Feedback on our service is encouraged and always appreciated. Please contact Research, Business and Innovation (firstname.lastname@example.org) with feedback or enquiries.