Research Integrity Concordat
Aberystwyth University embeds the principles found within the Concordat into all of its research activities.
The Concordat sets out five commitments, laying out expectations upon researchers and the institution. The Concordat will also provide assurances to government, the wider public and the international community that research in the UK continues to be underpinned by the highest standards of rigour and integrity.
Developed in collaboration with the funding and Research Councils, the Wellcome Trust and various government departments, the Concordat will:
• Provide better coordination of existing approaches to research integrity
• Enable more effective communication of efforts to ensure that the highest standards of rigour and integrity continue to underpin all our research
• Encourage greater transparency and accountability at both institutional and sector levels
• Stimulate reflection on current practices to identify where improvements can be made
All researchers at Aberystwyth should be familiar with the principles found within the Concordat and take advantage of opportunities provided by the University to further enhance and embed these skills into day-to-day teaching and research activities. Further details can be found under ‘training opportunities’ on the Research Ethics page below.
To download a copy of the Concordat, click here
Annual Research Integrity Statement
Contacts at Aberystwyth
For queries regarding the Concordat to Support Research Integrity, please contact Mitchell Parker, Research Ethics & Integrity Officer.
Anyone wishing to raise concerns with any of the research being undertaken by the University may wish to contact the email@example.com in the first instance. Alternatively, the following policies and procedures are available:
- Procedure for the investigation of Misconduct in Research
- Grievance Procedure
- Public Interest Disclosure Policy (whistleblowing)
A member of The UK Research Integrity Office