Dr Sophie Bennett PhD Management and Business, Msc Econ Masters, BA Hons
Sophie's research is primarily focused within the Creative Industries; specifically it considers the way in which this sector can inform current organisational practice and policy. Her current work involves a study of Craftspeople and Artists based in Mid and West Wales. It examines how creative people balance the need to both earn an income and gain self-fulfilment from work to maintain successful creative enterprises, and the wider implications of this within both an organisational and regional economic context.
Sophie graduated in 2002 with a BA (hons) Drama Degree. In 2011 she completed an MscEcon Management Degree specialising in the Creative Industries and was awarded the Director's Prize for MscEcon Management. In 2016 she obtained her Doctorate from Aberystwyth University, funded by a Knowledge Skills Economy Scholarship Award.
For more information about this research please visit LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/sophie-bennett/52/a89/282
- MM11200 - Business Environment
- EC10610 - Economic Principles 2
- EC10320 - Economic Principles and Skills 2
- EC10120 - Economic Principles and Skills 1
- MMM7520 - Contemporary Leadership
- MM11220 - Business Environment
- MM33120 - Organisational Behaviour
- MR10600 - Cyflwyniad i'r Amgylchedd Busnes
- EC10510 - Economic Principles 1
- MM33920 - Management Research Methods
- MR10620 - Cyflwyniad i'r Amgylchedd Busnes
Organisational Behaviour and Leadership
Creative Industries, Motivation, Small Business Management, Regional Economic Development
Office Hours (Student contact times)
- Tuesday 11:00-12:00
- Friday 12:00-13:00
Enhancing student involvement through action-learning residential workshops. Aberystwyth University Learning and Teaching Conference 2017. Cadair2017.
Brexit: Implications for the Food and Craft Industries. WISERD Annual Conference 2017. Cadair2017.
Selling places: Using place-based marketing to promote regional produce: The case of Rhondda Cynon Taff. Nation Branding and the Creative Industries. Cadair2016.