12. Electoral Registration

The University and Students’ Union encourages all students to ensure that they are registered to vote in elections. Registration must be undertaken by each student themselves and cannot be done by the University. To facilitate the work of the local Electoral Services office, the University (UK) must supply the County Council with lists of students who may be entitled to vote, in order that they may be contacted for the purposes of updating the electoral roll. Students can register to vote by visiting the gov.uk/register-to-vote website.