A series of free seminars on academic writing, study skills, using on-line learning resources, translation and translanguaging especially for students who are studying through the medium of Welsh or would like to study through the medium of Welsh in the future
|Wednesday, 24 February 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
|Wednesday, 3 March 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
Academic Writing: Common problems
|Wednesday, 10 March 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
Academic Writing: Editing
|Wednesday, 17 March 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
Academic Writing: Polishing
|Wednesday, 14 April 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
|Wednesday, 21 April 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
Self-help with language
|Wednesday, 28 April 2021||13.00-14.00||Teams||
Learning outcomes: after completing the whole course students should be able to:
- Identify the requirements of academic assignments
- Use information presented in classes in academic assignments
- Identify and use appropriate resources in English and Welsh in academic assignments, referencing appropriately.
- Understand the nature of academic writing in Welsh and write clear and structured assignments.
- Use different terminological resources
- Use computer language tools to improve their own language.
These seminars are taught through the medium of Welsh. They are aimed at undergraduate students but postgraduate students are also welcome to attend them.
Register by following this link and clicking on 'Register' on the left when you reach the module on Blackboard.
After registering, click on My Modules (Fy Modiwlau) to see this course listed under opt-in modules (Modiwlau dewisol). The materials from the sessions and on-line learning resources will be available in the section Deunyddiau Dysgu after the class. You will receive a calender invitation for each session.
For further information, contact Dr Tamsin Davies, Academic Skills Tutor, on firstname.lastname@example.org