Lluest Equine Centre
This purpose built teaching facility is situated on Aberystwyth University's Llanbadarn Campus.
There are 20 stables available for DIY livery at the Equine Centre, 13 of which are top quality Lodden boxes.
There are grazing paddocks within close proximity to the stables, all are well fenced and easily accessed.
Photo credit: Storm Development
- International-sized indoor arena (60x30m with a combi-ride waxed surface)
- Outdoor school (60x30m Combi-ride sand and fibre mix)
- Horsewalker and round pen
- Loose boxes and demonstration boxes
- Full Set of show jumps and fillers
Study & Training
In addition to the full-time undergraduate equine schemes and the Equine Science MSc available, the Centre is also a British Horse Society (BHS) 'Approved training centre'. Students have the opportunity to work for BHS qualifications in Horse Care and Equitation from BHS Stage One through to BHSll (Intermediate Instructor), which includes the BHS Stage 4.
Training is available with BHS qualified staff for Liveries and students from any Scheme. As the University own their own horses we can offer lessons on these horse or your own.
As well as training you may want to compete. Aberystwyth University competes in BUCS competitions. These competitions are equitation themed which include a dressage and jumping test on unknown horses.
Search the AU course Finder for available undergraduate and postgraduate equine courses.
All Aberystwyth University students are eligible to apply for DIY livery. (Livery is subject to availability and a waiting list will be held if necessary).
- Livery is open to any student studying on any Scheme.
- Liveries have the opportunity to take part in competitions and clinics help at Lluest equine centre.
- All students that are at livery at Lluest equine centre must have third party public liability insurance and the horses must have up to date flu and tetanus vaccinations.
- Stabling (12ftx12ft)
- Tack & storage facilities
- Riding facilities (indoor & outdoor arena)
- Horse walker
- Bedding-straw or shavings
- Forage-hay or haylage
|There are different options depending on your and your horses' needs:|
|Option A||Hay and straw bedding||£50.00 per week|
|Option B||Hay and shavings bedding||£55.00 per week|
|Option C||Haylage and straw bedding||£55.00 per week|
|Option D||Haylage and shavings bedding||£60.00 per week|
Shavings allowance: Maximum 5 bales to start the bed and 1 per week thereafter. Any extra bales must be brought form Lluest at purchase price.
Wormers/worm counts are charged three times yearly.
Full Livery is only available during holidays. Limited Availability at £140.00 per week
If you are interested in Livery or have any questions, please contact Hannah Appleton (email@example.com)
Equine Centre Events
Weekly activities are held from September to June; these include dressage and showjumping competitions, as well as lecture demonstrations and the annual Equine Reproduction Colloquium (CFER).
Details of all Lluest Equine Centre Events can be found on our events page.
View Lluest Equine Centre in a larger map