News & Events
AU Network continues to be at risk until further notice
Following the issues with the AU network experienced over the weekend, our network continues to be at risk while our suppliers investigate the issue. We will let you know as soon as the service has been fully resolved.
Training for Staff: Digital Capabilities
Getting started with your digital capabilities!
We’re offering staff training with the Jisc Digital Discovery Tool to help improve your digital skills and capabilities. We will be providing an overview of digital capabilities, working through the Digital Discovery Tool self-assessment and discussing what resources are available to you as well as the importance of digital capabilities for Aberystwyth University staff.
Sessions will be available in Welsh and English on the following dates:
- 12 October 2022 (14:00 – 14:45): Getting started with your digital capabilities.
- 18 October 2022 (10:00 – 10:45): Cychwyn arni gyda’ch galluoedd digidol.
- 20 October 2022 (15:00 – 15:45): Getting started with your digital capabilities.
Library tours for all
Come on a library tour. Our tours take 30 minutes and will:
- welcome you to your library and help you find your way round
- briefly introduce you to the library’s facilities and services
- make sure you know where to go when you need help and support
Tours are happening on the hour between 11am - 4pm every day from Thursday 22 September until Friday 30 September.
There's no need to book, just come to the Hugh Owen Library (where’s that?) and the tours will start from Level D (the ground floor).
Everyone is welcome.
You can find more details of library and IT activities during the first weeks of term on our webpage
Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit Online sessions
05/10 Academy Forum 1: Student Induction
07/10 E-Learning Enhanced: Designing L&T activities using polling software
10/10 E-Learning Enhanced: Designing Blackboard Tests
12/10 Jisc Principles of Good Assessment & Feedback
Work smarter: Study Skills for students. Enrol now
See the full programme for the Undergraduate Writing, Communication and Information Skills course and enrol online: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/student-learning-support/undergrad/
Work smarter: Study Skills for Postgraduates. Enrol now
The Postgraduate Study Practices Programme offers classes delivered live on Teams to improve writing, communication and information skills. See the full programme and enrol online
Semester One Timetable Now Available
Your personalised academic timetable is available on your online student record approximately three working days after you complete the registration process. Your timetable is also available on your student calendar through Office 365: https://aber.ac.uk/en/is/it-services/office365/ but please note that O365 calendars can take longer to show new information.
- If you are on campus, the timetable can be viewed on the Academic Timetable website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/timetable/lecture-timetable/
- There will be some adjustments to the timetable over the next few weeks while student numbers are confirmed and students finalise their module choices. We keep changes to an absolute minimum, but we do recommend you check your timetable regularly in case any adjustments have been made. The semester one timetable will settle after the initial weeks of the teaching period.
- If you have any questions about your timetable, your departmental timetable officer will be able to advise you: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/timetable/departmental-timetable-officers/
Training for Academic Staff: Introduction to the Digital Discovery Tool
The Jisc Digital Discovery Tool will be available to all Foundation Year and First Year students from the start of academic year 2022/23. We will be delivering training sessions in September and October for academic staff who will be supporting their students.
View our blog for more information.
Lecture start times 2022-23
All timetabled teaching activities (including lectures, seminars and workshops) start at 10 past the hour and end on the hour, e.g. 09:10-xx:00 from Sept 2022 onwards
- How to find your teaching room: https://locations.aber.ac.uk/othl/f?p=515:1::::::
- You will need to bring your Aber Card to swipe your attendance
Library Action Plans 21/22
Our new Library Action Plans for 21/22 are here. Find out what library staff have been working on over the last 12 months and what we will be working on in the forthcoming academic year.
We published the first of our Library Action Plans in 2021. The plans outline the work that we have undertaken and our plans for the forthcoming academic year, tailored specifically for each faculty.
The plans are formulated using data from our surveys (IS User Survey, National Student Survey [NSS]), departmental information from our Subject Librarians, module feedback, and a range of library data (e.g. budget and how it has been spent, usage data).
We provide details on library user feedback, spend, use of library resources, reading lists submitted to the library and items added to those lists, Open Access resources, use of our online subject and other LibGuides, in addition to information about our Digital Capabilities project.
You can see our Library Action Plans on our website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/feedback/action-plans/
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org