News & Events
17/03/2018The Turnitin Service is currently down due to maintenance and will be unavailable to both staff and students. Services should be available again by 21:00 tonight 17th March 2018. We apologise for the inconvenience.
12/03/2018Blackboard should be considered at risk between 7:00-10:00 on Tuesday 27th March 2018 due to maintenance work. During this time both Blackboard, Turnitin and APanopto should be considered at risk and may be completely unavailable to staff and students. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Plagiarism, often unintentional is an unacceptable academic practise which leads to serious consequences. You can learn how to reference, cite and paraphrase successfully via this online course available to Aberystwyth University students.
For more information:
Level D of the Hugh Owen Library was refurbished in the second half of 2017 and re-opened at the start of term – on 3 January 2018. We asked for your feedback on the refurbished space via a noticeboard to ensure that we continue developing spaces and facilities that meet your needs.
We are very pleased that the new design of Level D was so enthusiastically received by majority of students. Apart from many positive comments, you have also asked some useful questions and suggested developments.
See the Level D Refurbishment Pinterest
To celebrate World Book Day on the 1 March, Information Services will be holding an Englyn competition, with free books for the winners. You can also tweet us your best englynion using #aberenglyn, or write them along with your Aber username on the pink forms you see on Level D Hugh Owen Library and in the Thomas Parry Library and put them in a suggestion box. Closing date for entries is 23 April. The winners will be announced on 24 April.
27/02/2018All you have to do is submit a 500 word blog about your university experience by 20th April. Contact Savannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details. Undergraduates only.
If you would like help using Information Services, we provide a range of ways to get in touch such as: Email, Instant Chat, or Face-to-Face support at our Enquiry Desks. You can also browse our extensive selection of Frequently Asked Questions, for step-by-step guides on using a range of library and IT services.
For more information, please follow this link: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/help/
In response to feedback from our users, the Hugh Owen Library will be open for longer hours (8:30am-10pm during the week and 10am-6pm at weekends) during the Easter 2018 vacation for the first time:
- Sat 24 March: Hugh Owen and Thomas Parry libraries closing 18:00
- Sun 25 March: Hugh Owen Library open 10:00-18:00
- Mon 26th - Thurs 29th March: Hugh Owen Library open 08:30-22:00
- Fri 30 March: Hugh Owen Library (& AU) closed
- Sat 31 March: Hugh Owen Library (& AU) closed
- Sun 1 April: Hugh Owen Library (& AU) closed
- Mon 2 April: Hugh Owen Library (& AU) closed
- Tues 3rd April: Hugh Owen Library 08:30-22:00 (with bank holiday reduced staffing)
- Wed 4th April - Friday 6th April: Hugh Owen Library open 08:30-22:00
- Sat 7th - Sun 8th April: Hugh Owen Library open 10:00-18:00
- Mon 9th April - Friday 13th April: Hugh Owen Library open 08:30-22:00
- Sat 14th April: Hugh Owen Library open 08:30-00:00
- Sun 15th April: Hugh Owen Library open 24/7 for start of term
Opening hours for all libraries: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/about/opening-hours/
Information Services wishes everyone an enjoyable Easter vacation. Details on borrowing from the library over the Easter vacation can be found below:
- Standard Loan: From Monday, 12th March 2018 until Wednesday, 18th April 2018
- Three Day Loan: From Wednesday, 21st March 2018 until Wednesday, 18th April 2018
- Short Loan: Usual loan periods apply
For library opening times over Easter, please check the libraries' webpages: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/opening-hours/
31/01/2018See the full programme for the Undergraduate Writing, Communication and Information Skills course and enrol online: https://jump.aber.ac.uk/?ckhpt
28/06/2017A reminder that Information Services carries out essential maintenance on the University’s ICT services on Tuesday mornings. Access to all services, including email and web access, must be considered "At Risk" between 7am and 10am. Further information at: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/94 We apologise for any inconvenience.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com