£650 a year
Music Scholarships are intended for experienced players of orchestral/band instruments or singers (jointly with an instrument) who can actively contribute to the University’s orchestras, bands, choirs and other ensembles.
They are awarded on the basis of competitive audition to new entrants in any discipline (undergraduate or postgraduate) and held for the duration of the course. Scholarships are open to those who hold Aberystwyth as a firm choice at the time of the closing date, which is 15 June in the year in which entry is proposed.
The benefits of Music Scholarships are:
- £650 a year (four or more awards available annually).
- Free membership of all Music Centre ensembles or affiliated ensembles (including orchestras, bands, etc.).
- Free use of Music Centre practice, library and other appropriate facilities.
- Guaranteed accommodation in a Hall of Residence/University–managed property for the duration of the course.*
* In order to secure your guaranteed place in Residence, you must apply for accommodation for the following academic year within dates advertised by the Accommodation Office for returning students.
Application forms, regulations and further details of scholarships are available from the Director of Music.
Music Scholarships may be held with any other award.