SportAber Customer Charter
Aberystwyth University Sports Centre (SportAber) provides high quality opportunities that inspire the University's broader community to participate in sport and physical activity. From supporting progression in a chosen sport to the height of a student’s ability and aspiration, AberSport encourages people of all ages and ability to take part in sport and physical activity. We welcome over 250,000 guests to our wide range of indoor and outdoor facilities each year. The Penglais Campus is a safe and friendly environment set within 250 acres of beautiful grounds.
SportAber is a market leader in the professional management of sports facilities. We are constantly trying to improve our customers' experience of service delivery and encourage you to let us know your experience, good or bad. Please complete a Customer Feedback Form and hand it in at Reception, or email email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your comment within two days and a full response within five working days. The aim of our Customer Charter and Customer Feedback Forms is quite simply to help us provide you with the best possible service at all times.
We will ensure that:
- we provide a safe environment in which to pursue your activity. All equipment and fixings are regularly inspected and maintained in proper working order
- we treat all customers similarly irrespective of their ethnic background, age, religion, ability or gender and show no discrimination to any categories within the membership criteria
- we listen to your views and suggestions on service, facility, equipment provision and programmes and deal with any feedback quickly
- we communicate widely and effectively about opening hours in the Centre, promotions and broader developments within SportAber
- we explain clearly any changes in categories of membership, membership fees, user charges, hire charges and allocation of booking times
- we learn from our successes and mistakes and maintain a healthy appreciation of the role of both by pursuing a policy of continuous improvement
Staff Standards & Values
We will ensure that:
- staff are welcoming, friendly, and show a genuine desire to help you at all times
- we promote a culture of openness, honesty, equity and fairness in everything we do
- staff are easily recognisable by virtue of always wearing a SportAber uniform
- we deliver what we promise to the highest standard and we don’t promise what we can't deliver
- we help and support each other through teamwork and ongoing professional development
- we show respect to customers, colleagues and others, while earning respect in return
- SportAber continuously improves the professional environment supporting sport
- our staff receive ongoing training and development and have the authority and responsibility to deal with your enquiries. If not, you will be put in touch with someone who can assist you with the minimum of delay
Evaluation of our Performance
- SportAber regularly conducts market research amongst our members to seek and improve the quality of our customer service. We measure ourselves against ourselves and against the best in the industry.
- SportAber meets and communicates regularly with representatives from the Students' Union to ensure all issues relating to Tîm Aber are dealt with speedily and efficiently.