International Family Award
Aberystwyth University has a strong connection with its current students and alumni, and often sees generations of families following in the footsteps of their relatives to complete their degrees with us. For this reason, we have developed the International Family Award.
If you are a new, international student (paying international tuition fees) and one of your family relatives studied, or is studying, a degree at Aberystwyth University, you may be eligible for the International Family Award – giving you a £1,000 reduction in tuition fees for every year of your studies.
How to Apply
- Submit your application directly: You must first submit your application for your chosen degree directly to Aberystwyth University, without using the services of an Education Agent. If you need support making your application, please get in touch with the international recruitment team email@example.com;
- Accept your offer: Once you have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place you must accept the offer by returning your ‘Offer Reply Form’, or by selecting Aberystwyth as your Firm choice through UCAS;
- Submit your Award application: Once you have accepted your offer, you can apply for the International Family Award by completing this Application Form, with details of your relative who studies/studied at Aberystwyth.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for the International Family Award, you must submit your application to study directly to the University, without using the services of an education agent. If you need support or have questions, please contact the international recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You must be a new student, classed as an international fee- payer to be eligible for the International Family Award;
- To be eligible for the Award, your relative must be a parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt/uncle, cousin or child. The relative may be contacted to confirm they are related to you;
- Your relative must have completed, or be completing the full duration of the course they are on, i.e. they should not have withdrawn before completing their studies;
- The International Family Award can be combined with the International Accommodation Award, but it cannot be combined with any other Awards;
- In the case of University partnerships where there is a tuition fee discount already in place, the International Family Award cannot be combined with the tuition fee discount, but it can be chosen instead of the tuition fee discount if it is of greater value;
- If you are in receipt of full funding from external sponsorship bodies (eg government, charity or private organisation), you will not be eligible for the International Family Award;
- If you are in receipt of an educational loan, you are eligible for the Award;
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any Award awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.