Dr Hazel Davey
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 3.16, Edward Llwyd Building
- Phone: +44 (0) 1970 621829
- Twitter: @hazeldaveyaber
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=flcj5zcAAAAJ
- Research Portal Profile
I am a Reader in Biology and Director of Taught Postgraduate Studies in the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences at Aberystwyth University. I am scheme coordinator for Microbiology and related degree schemes (C500, C501, C502, C509 and CC35) and for the postgraduate MRes Biosciences (C190). I am also an elected member of AU Senate and Council. Graduate of Aberystwyth University with a BSc in Zoology and Microbiology and a PhD on Flow Cytometry of Microorganisms.
- BR01340 - Molecules and Cells
- BR15320 - Biochemistry and the Cellular Basis of Life
- BR33620 - Microbes in Industry and Research
- BRM6060 - MRes Dissertation (A)
- BRM6160 - MRes Dissertation (B)
Microbial physiology using the model organism Saccharomyces cerevisiae in a biotechnologically relevant setting to understand viability and vitality, stress response and heterogeneity. Methods include flow cytometry, radio-frequency impedance spectroscopy, barcode arrays and multivariate data analysis methods. Part of this work is undertaken collaboratively with AU spin-out company Aber Instruments Ltd.