Proof of Student Status

For various reasons, you may require proof of your status as a student at the University.  Examples include:

  • Applying for a visa to study in the UK
  • Applying for reduction in Council Tax
  • Evidence of study for funding bodies or Charitable Trusts
  • Providing proof of students status to overseas authorities 

The Academic Registry can supply evidence of your status on request.

You may contact the office by the following means:

  • by e-mail:
  • by telephone:  01970 622354 / 622016
  • in person or in writing to:  Academic Registry (Certification), AU, First Floor, Cledwyn Building, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DD.

When making your request, please remember to state:

  • your full name and student reference number (or date of birth in the absence of a reference number).
  • where you would like the certificate to be sent or whether you will collect it from the Academic Registry.
  • the purpose for which you require the certificate.

Please note that you should allow a minimum of three working days for your certificate to be prepared.  Your certificate may take longer if it involves specific information which the Academic Registry needs to obtain from elsewhere or during busy periods in the Office.