Part Time External

Students who have failed modules and who have resit opportunities left can resit as Part Time External Students. All students who wish to register as a Part Time External must complete a Part Time External Resit Registration Form. Before completing the Form you must contact your department for advice and consider the following points carefully;

  • Part Time External students do not attend University, therefore they do not attend lectures, tutorials etc.

  • Part Time External students only resit the module which they failed, students cannot substitute a module.

  • Students must register for all modules they wish to resit regardless of what form the resit assessment takes, e.g. Essay, Examination etc.

  • Part Time External students must make contact with their departments themselves for the resit requirements and not assume the department will contact them.

  • Part Time External students should contact the following organisations / departments for the implications of registering as a Part Time External.  For example you may not be eligible for:

  • Once registered Part Time External students have full Library and Computing access.

  • Part Time External fees and how to pay are available here.

  • Students who wish to register as Part Time External must do so by 31 October.

How to register as a Part Time External

  • Part Time External Forms are available from the Academic Registry only.  You can request a Form to be posted to your home address or emailed by emailing . Students do not need to come to Aberystwyth to register as a Part Time External.

  • All students must contact their departments for advice before completing the form.

  • Students who wish to register as Part Time External must do so by 31 October.

  • Completed forms must be returned to the Academic Registry, Aberystwyth University, First Floor, Cledwyn Building, Penglais Campus, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DD.

  • Forms sent to the Academic Registry without a departmental signature will be forwarded to the appropriate department for approval, however the form will not be processed until the form has been returned to the Academic Registry with the appropriate approval signature.