Libguides Accessibility Statement
The SpringShare LibGuides website is run by Aberystwyth University. We want as many people as possible to be able to use the site and are committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom text to at least 200% without it spilling off screen
- Navigate using just a keyboard
- Skip to main content by using tab on your keyboard
- The website can be used by a screen reader
- Navigate the website with speech recognition
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. AbilityNet is a UK charity that exists to change the lives of disabled people by helping them to use digital technology at work, at home or in education. You can find out about AbilityNet here: https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/
Measures to support accessibility
We are using the following measures to ensure accessibility of Aberystwyth University’s website:
- Ensuring that the Library’s content (through third-party providers) is accessible and meets the needs of all of our students
- Ensuring that we are adhering to current legislation and accessibility requirements
How accessible is our website?
We know some parts of the LibGuides website aren't fully accessible:
- Some images don’t display alt-text for images
- Some links don’t have discernible text (icons)
- Some of the content (titles, boxes and tabs) cannot be read with a screen reader
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are currently addressing these issues by adding in appropriate alt-text into images.
Reporting accessibility problems with the website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of these websites. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific issues you are experiencing, and we will respond to your report.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 12 August 2020. It was last reviewed on 12 August 2020.