Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) training
Aberystwyth University has a range of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion online E-Learning training courses, which we expect all staff to complete.
- Diversity in the Workplace (1 hour)
- familiarise them with equality legislation
- give them an understanding of the broader issues around equality/diversity
- raise their awareness of their responsibilities and rights as members of staff
- Unconscious Bias (30 mins)
- 'Breaking Habits' will help your employees to understand the implications of the natural biases we all hold.
- (New) Let’s talk about Race in the Workplace (30 mins)
- Support learners to consciously and proactively address racial bias in their organisation.
- Setting out the facts and thinking around systemic racism in organisations.
The training is provided by means of an online tutorial. This tutorial can be done in one sitting or in 'bite-sized' chunks at your convenience. The Diversity in the Workplace course contains a quiz that must be completed to finish the training. These quiz marks will be retained and will be used to identify further training needs for staff.
The training is especially important for staff members who undertake the following roles and the responsibility at the University:
- Line Manager
- Recruiting managers, shortlisting and interview panel members prior to selecting applicants for shortlisting or interview.
- Principal/co-investigator on a research project
- Staff who participate in committees, sub-committees and operational groups
The online course above are available in both Welsh and English.
Four years after completing the course, staff will be re-enrolled to repeat the course to maintain an understanding of EDI and knowledge of any subsequent changes in law and/or best practice.
What happens to your data?
Your personal data will be held securely on servers located in the European Economic Area and protected against unlawful or unauthorised processing and against accidental loss or destruction. The third party service provider has implemented appropriate measures, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Data is only accessible to the HR team and will be retained only as long as you are a contracted member of the University staff. The University will process this data both in relation to staff members’ contractual obligations and in response to the legal obligations to which the University is subject. You have certain rights over your data which are summarised here.
Where and how to log in?
Please use your usual AU user id and password.
In case of problems accessing these tutorials, please contact Dylan Jones email@example.com.
The EDI team can also offer departments and staff groups face-to-face equality and diversity training. If you would like to discuss this option for your staff please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Training and Development
The University regularly schedule other training and development courses for staff – you can find the latest list and further information here