English Language Teacher Training and Development at Aberystwyth University
The International English Centre specialises in English Language teacher education and training, and has expertise in TESOL, language teaching methodology, and academic English.
From September 2021, students can gain a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) qualification during their degree by taking a 20-credit TESOL module in Year 1 and Year 2, plus a Teaching Practice Summer School. There are three components to the qualification:
- IC13420 - Language Awareness for TESOL
- IC23420 TESOL Approaches, Methods and Teaching Techniques (2022-23)
- Teaching Practice Summer School (July following Year 2)
Find out more here.
Students can take either or both of the above modules for credits without taking the Summer School, but will not receive the additional TEFL Certificate qualification.
Our standalone TESOL modules provide a great introduction to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and are available to students in Year 2 and final year.
- IC21920- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages 1 (TESOL or TEFL)
- IC32020- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages 2 (TESOL or TEFL)