Why the Department of International Politics?
- The world’s first Department of International Politics, established in 1919.
- We are an outstanding place to study politics and international relations.
- We are in the Top Ten in the UK for politics and international relations for student satisfaction (94% in NSS 2020) and our research excellence puts us in the top ten research departments in the UK (REF 2014).
- Top in UK for students finding our courses ‘intellectually stimulating’ with 99% of our students agreeing (NSS 2020).
- Top 5 in the UK for Teaching Quality (2nd) and Student Experience (3rd) for the subject of Politics, and Top ten for Research Quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021).
- Top 5 in the UK for satisfaction with teaching on the course for the subject of Politics (NSS 2020 & Guardian Good University Guide)
- Top Ten in the UK for Politics and IR for student satisfaction (4th) and research quality (7th) (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Best in Wales and 7th in the UK for research excellence (REF 2014).
- Inspire and support students to question and challenge the way we think about politics and international relations.
- Exploring and tackling global challenges, from the local to the planetary level, from diverse perspectives.
- Module choice and flexibility, so you can tailor your degree to your interests.
- Networks that stretch across the globe and engage with practitioners.
- Exciting activities such as our Crisis Games, International Exchanges and Parliamentary Placements.
- A vibrant, friendly, intellectual community with multiple events taking place throughout the year.
Why Aberystwyth University?
- Aberystwyth University is top in the UK for Teaching Quality and student satisfaction (Times/Sunday Times Good Univeristy Guide 2021)
- One of top UK universities for student satisfaction with 90% overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS 2020)
- Aberystwyth has been the top university in Wales for student satisfaction for five years in a row, and is now the top in the UK.
- Awarded Gold in 2018 Teaching Excellence Framework.
- 96.8% of graduates are in employment or further education 6 months after graduating (HESA 2018)
- 95% of the University’s research is of an internationally recognised standard (REF 2014)
- A vibrant, close-knit, cosmopolitan community in a safe, affordable and friendly seaside town.