Virtual Private Networking
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) creates a secure connection between your own computer and the Aberystwyth University (AU) network. This policy defines the requirements for accessing the AU network via VPN to ensure compliance with cyber security.
This policy applies to all devices utilizing the VPN service to access the AU network.
- Only the approved VPN client (GlobalProtect) must be used to connect to the AU network
- The most up to date version of the approved VPN client must be used
- All devices that are not centrally managed and are being used to connect to the AU network via VPN must comply with the BYOD policy. Devices that do not comply with this policy will be unable to use the service.
- VPN access is secured using the standard Microsoft Azure MFA authentication.
- It is the responsibility of users with VPN privileges to ensure that unauthorized users are not allowed access to the AU's internal networks.
The VPN will collect and monitor information about the device, to ensure compliance.
- All devices connecting to the VPN will be subject to the Network Management Policy.
These Regulations are maintained by Information Services, were last reviewed in August 2023 and are due for review in August 2024