Images and Plans
Images and Plans
We are really excited to have sustainable and robust plans that will transform the Old College. The plans will transform this beautiful, yet underused building, into a beacon of opportunity for the Aberystwyth University, its students, staff, the local community, and visitors to the area.
The images below give you an idea of the future of the Old College.
For more photos of the plans, take a look at the Old College Look Book.
Forgotten how huge the Old College is? Watch this fly-through video which will show you the size and scale of this ambitious project.
Atrium & Function Room
- A new rooftop function room with stunning sea views
- Versatile spaces will enable events like Students’ Union Award Nights, concerts, festivals, debates and much more
Students and the local community will benefit from major inspirational events and exhibitions that are usually seen in big cities, will be in the heart of Aber, in partnership with:
- National Museum Wales
- Hay Festival
- National Library of Wales
Meetings & Dialogue
Concerns that younger generations are losing verbal communication skills will be addressed in the Centre for Dialogue.
The Centre will be a space for discussion and debate for:
- clubs and societies
- external youth organisations
- organisations across Wales
World of Knowledge
Give all students access to high-quality facilities by the sea – arguably the most unique study location in the UK.
- 24-hour safe study space ideally positioned in the middle of town
- Modern, comfortable spaces to stimulate discussion and collaboration with fellow students
Enterprise & Innovation
- Inclusive spaces designed to encourage new businesses and start-ups
- Boost the economy of Ceredigion
- Inspire and empower individuals to start their own business