There are approximately 2000 University-owned or controlled car parking spaces in Aberystwyth. All vehicles that park in these areas must display a valid parking permit or a valid pay and display parking ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is bringing my car the best option?
Before coming to study at Aberystwyth, remember that while a car may seem the easiest option, the costs of maintaining it can really add up. Could you make your journey by other means?
Do I need a parking permit for the Big Welcome Weekend?
No, a parking permit is not required for the Big Welcome Weekend. All students and their families are to observe a ‘20 minute drop off’ period at the main campus to collect accommodation keys, before moving their vehicle to student accommodation.
Are all students eligible to apply for a parking permit?
No. Only students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for a parking permit:
Students who live in:
- Campus residences including Penbryn, Cwrt Mawr, Rosser, Trefloyne, Pentre Jane Morgan, Fferm Penglais.
- Sea Front Halls (limited to 30 spaces) (Permits for Sea Front Halls are allocated on a first come first served basis)
- Commuting students that have a term time address more than 3 miles outside Aberystwyth.
I've already applied for a permit - when can I pick it up?
Your new permit will be available for collection from Monday 3rd October 2016
We will have a designated person at Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais (in the cafe area), distributing parking permits from Monday 3rd October 2016 until Friday 7th October 2016 between 10am-2pm. Please bring your Aber Card with you, as a form of identification.
We encourage all students to pick up their permits at the above designated times. However, should this not be possible, permits will be available from Monday 10th October 2016, from the Accommodation Office, Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais between 08.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
What does a parking permit cost?
Parking charges are approved by the Finance and General Purposes Committee of the University and are revised each year. Parking charges for the 2016 - 2017 academic session are:
- Campus Halls of Residence - £41.60 (including PJM and Fferm Penglais)
- Sea Front Halls - £41.60 (limited to the first 30 successful applicants only residing in Aberglasney, Balmoral, Blaenwern, Caerleon, Clarendon, Pumlumon, Gwerin, Carpenter, Glyndwr or Ceredigion Halls only).
- Other private residences within 3 miles of the campus – NOT AVAILABLE
- Commuting students living beyond 3 miles of Aberystwyth - £41.60
- Motorcycle - £21.20
- Blue badge holders: free
What happens if I park without a permit?
In the first instance, any vehicle contravening the University Parking Regulations will be issued with a warning notice. In the case of a second contravention, a Parking Charge Notice will be issued and attached to the windscreen. The charge is £80. More information about the University's Parking Regulations.
Do I need a permit to park at Llanbadarn?
Yes, a permit is required to park at Canolfan Llanbadarn Centre. Student permits are available to those who have to travel in more than 3 miles each day. Students who already hold a halls permit are also entitled to park in Llanbadarn. Please note that students are only entitled to park in the designated student parking areas - see attached parking map. Please look at previous questions for how to apply for a permit.
Campus Services, Security Team, Penbryn, Penglais, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3BY
Tel: +44 01970 622649 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org