Dr Gareth Evans
MA (Cymru), PhD (Aberystwyth), PGCTHE, FHEA
Gareth has taught in the Department since September 2007, becoming a full-time member of staff in 2012. In the same year he completed his PhD which considered Hans-Thies Lehmann's (1999, trans. 2006) notion of postdramatic theatre and its significance within a Welsh-langauge context, focusing specifically on the work of Brith Gof and their collaborators, and the performance texts of writer Aled Jones Williams.
His performance practice during the past several years has been as a member of random people.
He is currently completing a monograph on the works of Aled Jones Williams, to be published by University of Wales Press.
- TC10100 - Prosiect Actio
- TC10120 - Prosiect Actio
- TC11020 - Theatr yr Ugeinfed Ganrif
- TC11120 - Dadansoddi Digwyddiad
- TC21220 - Seiliau Ymarfer Cynhyrchu
- TC21300 - Sgiliau Sgriptio
- TC21320 - Sgiliau Sgriptio
- TC31440 - Prosiect Cynhyrchu Uwch
- TC31700 - Ysgrifennu Sgript
- TC31740 - Ysgrifennu Sgript
Postdramatic theatre; contemporary performance; Welsh-language theatre and performance in Wales; contemporary European theatre; the works of Aled Jones Williams; music theatre and contemporary opera.
Office Hours (Student Contact Times)
- Friday 10:00-12:00